September 4, 2009

Asa is turning 1!!!

On September 3rd Asa turned 1 year old.  This weekend is his huge lu'au party in Price.  For his birthday gift I made him an activity quilt that is for cars.  He is almost old enough to be interested in little cars so I hope he likes it. 
This is the front of the quilt.  It has 3 houses and a lake.  (It also has a yellow brick road)
This is the backing material that I used.  I bought this material off ebay along time ago.  It is such cool boyish fabric.
Along with the quilt he is getting a little velcro bag to keep his cars in.
Steven picked some cars out so that he can start playing with it right away.

This is the birthday card that I made him too.  It is made with cardstock and embroidery  floss.
Not to long ago I made Asa a pair of pjs.  Right after I gave them to him, he promply grew out of all his other pjs.  So I made him a couple pairs of new ones.
I really like the blue top it is my favorite.

5 comments:

Christy said...

I love the quilt you made for him. One day, I will be an avid quilter just like you!

kelley said...

whoo hoo! Vanessa you are so talented.

Syd said...

You are so talented! I wish I could sew but I'm afraid its something I won't ever get around to learning I'm not patient and there's no available teacher for me either- there's no way I could teach myself. I'm so jealous of that skill of yours!!

Rouie & Kapono said...

Asa loves all his gifts. Kapono loves his pjs.

John Emett said...

I had no idea how incredibly talented you are at sewing! The jammies are too cute!