THE PLAN FOR 2010
Vanessa and I are in charge of the Lowe Family reunion, that will likely happen when the weather is nice and it will likely be at CLAS Ropes Course. even if I have to pay full price it'll be cheaper than Lagoon. Vanessa wants to go to Disney land this year, and seeing as all of my old friends have moved down there we my as well plan a trip. and add another trip to visit my uncle and go fly fishing in Montana. and my might move out of state so this year will be a year of traveling.
A real goal I have is to earn a good salary, now that I have a degree and Vanessa has a degree there is no reason we should have to live pay check to pay check. This is commonly called a "big kid job" in our house. the kid of job I'm looking for earns as more money than both of us combined right now. thats just a little more then 24k a year. Really not too much to ask right?
I want to make it to lesson 14 in my "teach your self violin" book, no public performances this time, but anytime you visit or you know I'll be somewhere that you are you are welcome to request a song. (I'll need to know previous to this engagement so that I can at least bring the thing.)
These past years I've played and made many games or proto-games at least. I studied them in college, I've hacked them together with friends, I enjoy them. like many things I do they aren't very polished. I would like to make a "finished" game, one that can be re-playable and sell-able. I'm talking games in general because I don't know what type it will be. I like the idea of selling it though. money is good to earn.
I need to keep reading, or at least listening to books. I cant be sure on the exact number but I've read/listened to 1040 hours of books this past year. I know they were audio books, but nothing was abridged and it's a lot better than listening to music for 4 hours every work day. I'll be getting a new job but I want to keep this going. maybe not 4 hours a day but at least a book a month should be doable no matter what job I have or how thick the book is.
You know what I really suck at and should really change this year? my grammar and spell checking. I mean sure the machine can do it, but profit and prophet are different things and I should communicating clearly no matter the medium. so no more awkward conversations for me. unless I'm making a joke then it will get very awkward.
As an after thought I'll tack on last years improvements as well with comments. good luck.
weeds to pull:
1. sleeping in.--- sleeping in is different when you work nights. the good news is that I get my 8 hours or less.
2. aimlessly surfing the web.--- during the summer I hardly used the computer at all. and during school I was so busy I only had time for home work. I would say that I don't spend more than 1 hour a day "aimlessly surfing the web".
flowers to water:
1. weekly blogging. -- I did well until fall semester, but now that I have lots of time again it'll start back up. I'm not going to start tweeting but the weekly blog/journal/motivational struggle thing was working pretty well for me.
2. violin playing. -- I have played the violin, at least once a month. finding the right time to play is difficult or maybe it's just that there is still electricity and other things take priority.
3. 3.0 gpa. WOW! heck yeah big fat check mark! My fall semester GPA was 3.94 and my cumulative (that's like my entire college career) is 3.475 W00T
No comments:
Post a Comment