July 25, 2010

What Vanessa did while Steven was in TX

One of the first nights Steven was gone Bismarck had some pretty good storms.  I thought that this one was interesting because I could hear and see everything about the storm except for thunder.  It was really creepy.
I spent most of my time working on some jean quilts for my sister and her three girls.  I was asked to make these quilts over 3 years ago so I thought this was the perfect time to get them finished.

This is my 12 year old neices quilt.  Each quilt has the owners first inital on it.  This one has a

R for Ryan.  The ugly cell phone picture doesn't do it justice.  It is "frog" green on black.  It was unplanned and I just made it up as I went.

This one is for Ryan's little sister
She asked for a quilt that used a specific fabric that I used on a pair of pjs back in 2008.  She was so sad when her pjs developed a hole and she grew out of them.  On the last trip to Utah she sent the old pjs back with me so I could included them in her quilt.

Her inital block a K for Kylie it is orange stiching on a yellow background.

There are 2 more quilts that were made but I don't have pictures of them right now.  When I get a chance I will get some pictures of them.  One is blue and brown for Jordan and that other is PINK for my sister Tara. 
So in total in 2 weeks I made 4 quilts.  My sewing machine is a tad tired....

No comments: