January 2, 2011

Christmas letter deleted scenes

Good day,

The following paragraphs didn't make the final cut of the Christmas letter, but I wanted to share them any way. The blog is a lot less formal than paper somehow. You can leave a comment or send us a fruit cake to show your appreciation.  

This year has been busy for us. Oddly the biggest change has been something we aren’t doing any more. Neither Vanessa nor myself have been in school for the whole calendar year! Of course we started paying back the loans now. We’ve moved too! If you don’t have our current address look at the envelope this came in and write it down somewhere. We plan on staying for a while because it took two moves this year to get us here. 

It got up to 7 degrees outside today and Vanessa and I actually stood in front of the window to feel the sun, we couldn’t open it because it’s frozen shut, but it was nice to see a blue sky and have a chance to make vitamin d. The cold isn’t so bad until the wind starts blowing. And it only blows all of the time. It’s a great place for flying kites, you would want to wear a really thick coat and make sure that the temp is low enough to dry the air out otherwise the kite would freeze in the sky and get stuck up there. No really it happened just the other day, there was a breeze and I thought it would be fun to fly my kite. I put on my coat and second pair of mittens ran out side and flung the kite up. It caught the wind right off and before long my string was at the end. But a fog rolled in and I noticed frost fathering on the string just like it does on the tree limbs. As the fog went away I saw that my kite had huge icicles hanging from it. I pulled and but my kite was stuck! Just sitting up there in the sky. It was amazing! The fog and wind had frozen my kite into the sky! It’ll probably be there till spring because the temp never gets above 30 degrees any more.  And then I had to stab somebody (hi elder janmohamed).

I had originally writtenTop Seven of 2010 because it’s a prime number and I could not think of ten things. All of them made it into the letter but they were rearranged, and no longer needed the introduction explaining that 7 is prime. 

Letter is also missing our grand plan for 2011. We took it out because it was really silly and because by leaving this sentence unfinished you will have to check back after new years to read that post. Drat I finished that sentence....

No comments: