January 31, 2008

subjects are to be ruled over?

What do I want this blog to be about? Do I want it to just be some sort of weekly update? Do I need topics? Does it even need a purpose?

Let's answer some of those.

I want this blog to be mostly about me, and in so being it will include bits of my life, and also hints into the lives and personality of my friends and family.

I don't want it to turn into a weekly update in the sense that I list all of the events that happened to me during the past 7 days. If you really want to see a time line just check out my calendar it's on Google. Maybe I'll post the link to it. Hmm that could be fun,

Topics are an important part of reading things. Bulleted lists help too. By having topics I can have themes like "gay musical month" or "things that go pop for 200" or "the official story." and of course with that in mind I could have running gags like picture of the month, or something like that. So those are a few good ideas, and I think I'll type up a nice guideline plan thing to help me structure the rest of the year. I'm not saying this blog will suddenly have a plot or anything, but at least I'll know what I'm going to talk about.

Wow I lead right into this paragraph. Plot vs. purpose. Although I don't see any dramatic plot coming from this blog I do think that it should have some purpose. So far it has the "new year's resolution" purpose, but doing things just for the heck of it seems not to work to long. And besides it always looks cool when you can say "I have a purpose" and I want my blog to be able to say that. I think that my blog will have the same purposes as "Adventures of Huckleberry Finn" which include but are not limited to: making money, entertaining the readers, and to be used as a resource/recourse (which is the right word) for education. That seems like enough purpose and maybe as a side affects it will improve my spelling abilities.

No comments: