November 23, 2008

the plan

This past weekend we've been talking a lot about the future. Here is how I imagine it will be:
I will start my internship with the BSA in January working with Bryan Pocock to get Beaver High Adventure Base ready for the summer camp season. It'll be tons of fun and I'll get paid for it.
Vanessa will graduate in May 2009 at the end of next spring semester, she will have a bachelors of science in human development and family studies, and we will have a big party.

around mother's day we expect to tell people that Vanessa is going to have a baby. We will call him Anonymous George (Jorge Spanish pronunciation) Olaf Lowe the 7th when we are mad at him but you can call him Che for short. Because Che is much shorter than his full name, obviously. And we will have a big party.

When summer starts we'll move all of our stuff into a storage unit in Price and go play at Beaver all summer long.
Sometime during the summer or really quickly afterwards we'll find a modest but happy looking 2 - 150 bedroom place and move in (Vanessa would like to never move again). And we will have a big party.
During the fall semester 2009 I'll take my last class that will hopefully be offered one night a week. I'll just commute; it'll give my some time to level up my driveling skill set. I'll graduate right before the year ends and we will have a big party.
2010 will roll around and we still won't have a moon colony. however Vanessa will ready to give birth, if it is a girl I guess we will all have to call her Wyndy, or SueAnn, or Luna, or Ember, or as she gets older I'll bet a lot of boys will call her " that hot chick over there that we can't talk to because her dad will throw us off a cliff" I know my kids are just going to have long names I suppose. And we will have a big party.
Spring time will allow me to keep working and get ready to take over BHAB. Summer of 2010 I will abdicate the camp director throne. And we will have a big party.
That's the plan. Any questions? By the way you're all invited to all of those parties.
- Steven -

4 comments:

kelley said...

My heart skipped a beat--let me know when the baby is more than a plan! I was terribly excited for you, I thought you meant you would be having a baby this new year, I had to take a double look at the year. Do you know this is the way rumors start? ;) (wink, wink)

The little Lowes said...

Oh goodness! Sorry to get you excited. I knew that this was going to happen when Steven told me he was going to write about "his plan". We are planning on going to camp this summer so at least half of the plan is right on track. I will keep you updated on all that is going with us as it happens. It is exciting how fast life changes.

Lloyd said...

Sweet. I like parties.

Jessie said...

You are having a ton of parties! I like your plan! Sounds super fun!